Air Via

International aviation forum. Only in English. Non English postings will be deleted.

Air Via

Мнениеот Jens » 17 Дек 2004 23:39

hello,

its me again. I just wanted to ask you if you know in wich way "Air Via" will solve the problem of the EU Noise restrictions wich will bann the TU 154 from EU-airspace in 2005. and there is a second problem concerning the GWPS wich has to be modified into a better version calles EGWPS. planes without this kind of warning system will be banned with beginning of 2005 :!:

here the original message:

Europe threatens to close its skies to Russian aircraft
Europe from 1 January 2005will close its air space to Russian aircraft that are not equipped with ground proximity danger warning system. In all Russia has 2% of aircraft which don't meet this requirement. The cost of upgrading of a To-154 jet is more than 50thousand dollars. Most of our airplanes are equipped with the ground proximity danger warning system, but the latter has already outdated, said Vladlen Korovkin, a GAZETA. RU coordinator of the Federal agency for ICAO matters. The new system, although it is in an order of magnitude more expensive (its price ranges from 50 to 100 thousand dollars than the old one) allows for ground profile to be simulated and flight safety to be considerably increased. For small companies whose business is balancing on the verge of profitability because of high price growth for aircraft fuel this is too a great pleasure. Many companies will have to part with their business. And Russians seeking to get to the selected wintertime resorts will have to make use of more expensive regular flights. A threat for introduction of the EU new requirements have told on performance of the regular air carriers such as Aeroflot. Despite the fact that the company is going to upgrade the morally outdated Tu-154s it will not be possible to have the ground proximity danger warning system installed on the new generation aircraft such as Tu-104 and Il-96. The Russian aircraft factories until now have not worked out the documentation for providing the Tu-204 and Il-96 airplanes with such systems, said Valeri Okulov, the Aeroflot director general. That's why starting from 2005 Aeroflot will remove all 6 it's Il-95s from the European routes. However the Russian aircraft makers don't consider they are to blame for the problems facing carriers. All latest Il-96 airplanes including the president's aircraft and two other machines supplied to the Krasair company, have been equipped with the required safety system and we have all necessary documentation needed for the re-equipment, Alexandr Rubtsov, the Ilyushin Finance leasing company director general, told GAZETA. The system is not installed only on the aircraft assembled before 1999. But shall solve this problem. Aeroflot will have needed to contact the factory and co-ordinate the debugging diagram. The debugging cost for one Il-96 aircraft ranges between $75 and $100thousand.

source: http://www.avia.ru/cgi/news/news.cgi?ac ... 1101975435

will they upgrade their Tupolevs with hushkits and EGPWS, will they buy/lease new or better old western airplanes as BHair/B.A.C?

hmmm, would really like to know if it might be possible to see a bulgarian Tu 154 next year. hope so, I always enjoyed it!!!

greetings
jens
Jens

Мнениеот slice » 17 Дек 2004 23:57

Air Via will be the last bulgarian airline to stop using the Tupolevs. As we predict they will be utilized as much as the law acts and technical specifications admit it. As Toni once worte: "The will probably start flying on two engines as well" :)

Anyway, new airplane is a must! What type, lease or buy..... too early to say if you ask me...

My personnal oppinion is that difficult times are comming for the bulgarian airlines. I am sure that all of them realise it, and as we saw from the previoust year, Hemus Air is doing something 'bout it, by finding a way of consolidation, which is the the thing that makes the most sense if you ask me. Why not Air Via do the same?! Why not a union with B.A.C. (yes if you look from above - compete competition, but each of them has its own place on teh market now, why not keep it after 2007, but united !?)

Anyway... that went quite offtopic.... all i wanted to say is that Air Via is most probably to follow the others and choose some western planes. But not before the end of 2005
Аватар
slice
член на екипажа

Мнениеот Делян » 18 Дек 2004 00:02

The Bulgarian airlines don't update their web sites very often, but you might want to check http://www.air-via.com It is in German!
Аватар
Делян
супер спотър

Местоположение: KBDR, Igor I Sikorsky Memorial Airport, Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA

we will see

Мнениеот Jens » 18 Дек 2004 01:35

hey guys,

I am deeply impressed - very fast answers :D

Delyan, thanks for your hint but I already knew the Air Via website. unfortunatly they are only talking about some stuff for passangers (by the way, is there no bulgarian version of this carrier???). Unfortunatly I couldn´t find any facts about some plans concerning the future of their fleet.

I´ve started this topic because I remember Air Via offered a weekly flight from Sofia to Berlin every saturday until the end of march. but shortly after I found the article about the GWPS I checked the flightplan again and suddenly the Air Via flight to Sofia was offered only until the end of january. a consequence of these new rules? if so, what a shame. I really like them.

I am a bit afraid that the new laws (noise restrictions and other new rules) might be the "end" of many airlines using russian airliners. specially the russians will have a lot of problems. and in consequence some german airports like Hannover (for example this summer there were weekends with up to 40 tupolevs and more!!!) might have problems too because I doubt it will be possible to replace these birds in just a few months.

anyway, I think Bulgarian airlines are well known in Germany. But specially BH Air and Bulgarian Air Charter might be in a very good position. They already started changing of their fleets from russian to western airliners and german passengers will approve this (Tupolev has unfortunatly a very bad image). And Bulgaria itself is a very good adress (not only for the germans) to spend some nice and cheap holidays. so I think the "boom" will go on the next few years. But personally I really doubt that a 12 year old MD 83 will be much better/safer than a 6year old Tupolev.

Slice, maybe you are right and a few of the bulgarian charter airlines have to go togehter to one or two big bulgarian charter airline(s) to survive. we will see...

greetings
jens
Jens

Мнениеот harrier » 18 Дек 2004 11:19

The bulgarian airlines are really keen on making surprises, so in my opinion it is possible, that Air VIA decides about their new planes soon.
Аватар
harrier
член на екипажа

Мнениеот борден » 18 Дек 2004 12:55

Concerning EGPWS - I thing, that Air VIA are going to upgrade their Tu-154s with it in near future. Or maybe they have already done this?
Hemus Air also will modify one of it's Tu-154s with the system.
So, next year you can still see bulgarian Tupolevs in Europe. Hopefully! :wink:
Аватар
борден
супер спотър

hope so

Мнениеот Jens » 18 Дек 2004 20:33

hey borden (hope thats correct),

I really do hope so :wink:

Today I was happy with the weather @ SXF-Airport - could make some good shots (no doubt: highlight was LZ-MIS - and again a great visual approach RWY 25L :D )

nice weekend to all of you
jens
Jens

Re: hope so

Мнениеот Stoyan » 18 Дек 2004 21:06

Jens написа:hey borden (hope thats correct),

I really do hope so :wink:

Today I was happy with the weather @ SXF-Airport - could make some good shots (no doubt: highlight was LZ-MIS - and again a great visual approach RWY 25L :D )

nice weekend to all of you
jens

Yes it is!
Bravo!
Why don't you upload the pictures to the http://www.bgspotters.net?
Изображение
Аватар
Stoyan
супер спотър

Мнениеот slice » 18 Дек 2004 22:16

it's probably hard for him to manage with the cyrillic!
Аватар
slice
член на екипажа

Мнениеот Stoyan » 19 Дек 2004 00:44

O'k then a question to you.
Why don't you make bgspotters also in English? :wink:
Изображение
Аватар
Stoyan
супер спотър

Мнениеот stuka » 19 Дек 2004 02:29

Don't you think that with every upgrade made to comply with the new European regulations they will be too upgraded in due time? Is it not a struggle for the market? Is it so important then to keep the Russian-built fleet up-to-date instead of saving it only for non-European destinations and using western aircraft for Europe?
stuka
спотър

Мнениеот Toni » 19 Дек 2004 06:02

hi Jens, its yours? :)
http://flugzeugbilder.de/show.php?id=288071

Nice pic!
100/143/310/319/320/321/733/735/73G/73H/762/AB6/CR9/DH8/E90/E95/F70/IL8/M82/S20/TU3/TU5/LZ-BTZ
Аватар
Toni
член на екипажа

yes

Мнениеот jens » 19 Дек 2004 14:07

happy birthday bgspotters :!:

yes toni, I made this pic but the pictures wich will follow will be better because the lightsconditions became much better. the departure of LZ-MIS was just great!!! you will see :wink:

slice, it is really difficult for me to handle your language. fortunatly I am able to speak a bit russian and can read kyrillic letters. but bulgarian seems to be quite different from russian.
second aspect is that my computer has a few problems to change language from kyrillic to latin letters. for example it takes a few seconds until I can start writing down my thoughts in this forum. but it´s ok. biggest challange for me is to understand. but I will lern

by the way: this morning I ´ve checked the flightplan for the airports of Berlin again. good news: Air Via will serve the Sofia flight every saturday until the end of march!!! seems like there was a mistake in the computersystem. by the way: why there are no flights offered to Plovdiv this year???

and a short comment to stuka: I think you are right. At least without the new hushkits (build by Perm in Russia) Tupolev will be banned with beginning of 05.2005 anyway! and if these ones will be ever used I am quite sure the politics in EU will find some new reasons. So in the end I also doubt it will be senseful to upgrade this old beauty every year because it will be to expensive. old Boeing airplanes are cheap to have - so Pulkovo leased 2 (will have at the end 5) and even Belavia is looking for B737-3/4 :cry:
source: http://www.belavia.by/tender_en.htm

nice sunday
jens
jens

Мнениеот harrier » 19 Дек 2004 14:24

Stoyan написа:O'k then a question to you.
Why don't you make bgspotters also in English? :wink:

And why don't you ask these type of questions in the right forum?
Аватар
harrier
член на екипажа

Мнениеот борден » 19 Дек 2004 16:47

Jens, yesterday Sasho (from Krile.net's forum) wrote, that the flight of LZ-MIS (which you've spotted) is the first with the new EGPWS. So we will see it flying next year.

Cheers,
borden
Аватар
борден
супер спотър

Следваща

Назад към International