Exercise 1st of june

International aviation forum. Only in English. Non English postings will be deleted.

Exercise 1st of june

Мнениеот Felle » 17 Май 2006 11:02

I just arrived from belgium in sofia and zould like to knoz if the exercise taking part in graf-ignatievo is still going on? Is the event on 1st of june still taking place? Are foreigners with aviation society card welcome?

Kind regards,

Felle.
Felle
спотър

Мнениеот harrier » 17 Май 2006 11:24

Hi Felle,
the open day at 1.June is open for all visitors. I don't know if this year there will be an open day to this time. However we will write in this topic as soon as we know for sure.
The excersice taking place at the same time is open only for journalists with accreditations.
Regards,
Emo
Аватар
harrier
член на екипажа

Мнениеот Гост » 17 Май 2006 11:40

Hallo Emo,

I will certainly go to Graf Ignatievo then as I am with car. do you know how to get accreditation for the exercise? Are the american F-15s comming from Lakenheath or some other US-base? And about LBSF, how is the spotting outside the airport? Would like to shoot some An-26 or L-410 or any other military bg-plane :-) because in our region they are very very rare to be seen. I saw only the Open skies An-30 in belgium and holland last year.

Greetings,

Felle.

p.s.: Sorry for so many questions :-)
Гост

Мнениеот harrier » 17 Май 2006 11:51

Hi,
spotting in Sofia is not a problem, but you should take someone of us with you as a guide. :wink:
About the military excercise - I suppose you should contact our militaries, but I will have more information in the afternoon, so I will tell you.
Take Care,
Emo
P.S. You are welcome :wink:
Аватар
harrier
член на екипажа

Мнениеот harrier » 17 Май 2006 14:31

By the way,
the F15C/D are from 173 Fighter Wing, Kingsley Field, Oregon, part of the Oregon Air National Guard.
http://www.orklam.ang.af.mil/index.asp
There will be 6 F15 and 4 C130. The excercise is called Centry Lion 06.
Аватар
harrier
член на екипажа

Мнениеот Гост » 17 Май 2006 15:37

:shock: Oh my god! Definetely hope to be able to enter the base for the exercise! Will be the best "spotting" holiday ever! :) especially if the weather stays like that...

Felle.
Гост

Назад към International