Burgas Airport

International aviation forum. Only in English. Non English postings will be deleted.

Мнениеот harrier » 26 Юни 2005 11:01

Jakub, I am considering a trip to Varna with one of our colleagues (nick - Hornise) on the 11-th of July. It is monday and this is the day with the strongest traffic in Varna. So if you are going to visit this airport tell us the dates, we can make a spot-trip together.
Regards,
Emo
Аватар
harrier
член на екипажа

Мнениеот AiBOJ » 26 Юни 2005 13:54

Hi,sorry that i didn't see your request early in the week,but i have examinations in 2 weeks and have not so much time.But I'm glad to hear,that someone is going to take pictures from Burgas airport this summer,because we don't have many pictures from this season from there.
So,first I have to say that the possibilities for planespot in Burgas are not so good,because the airport is so situated.The best place for spott is on the taxyways :wink: when you get off from the plane.
The other good viewing place is the terasse,but you can't go there,if you are not going to fly.If you dont fly you can not go there ( It was so last year,i dont know ,maybe it is changed this year and you can go free there.I can not tell you 100 % because at the moment i am not in Burgas and dont have a lot of information.
I think a good place for spotting is the bridge between Burgas and Sarafovo(but only for planes which are landing on runway 04 or taking off on runway 22 ) at the back side of runway 04.
Another place is the old and small airport opposite the airport of Bourgas.May be you can shoot some pictures from there,but you must choose your best spotting place ,when you are right there.And be sure that you must have a very good camera with a zoom,because it is not so near the taxyways and the runway.Thatswhy is Burgas not so good for spotting,but i have some pictures here from the airport and i can send you some of these and maybe you will see another good possibilities for spotting.Contact me!!!My e mail is :g.zhekov@gmail.com
But slice have right,in Burgas you can see a lot of different planes and the traffic is very good.Last summer I landed on Bourgas Airport on 25 of august and on the cargo taxyway was AN 124 Ruslan ,it was great.These summer was B 747-400,B777,B767 and another planes.Last year was AN 225 in Burgas :).Ok it is not so often ,but if you have luck ,you can see some of these planes.
I am not sure,but you can try to take a pictures from the museum in the airport.There is one perfect place ,but i am not sure ,wheterit is alowed... :roll:
Sorry for my bad english .....
AiBOJ

When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.

The sky is the limit!
Аватар
AiBOJ
супер спотър

Мнениеот Гост » 27 Юни 2005 00:49

harrier написа:Jakub, I am considering a trip to Varna with one of our colleagues (nick - Hornise) on the 11-th of July. It is monday and this is the day with the strongest traffic in Varna. So if you are going to visit this airport tell us the dates, we can make a spot-trip together.
Regards,
Emo

Hi
Ok i will go to Varna with you and your colleagues. 11-th of July is a good date for my. But tell my that i must reservation now on-line or can i buy on airport (Burgas) ticket.
Гост

Мнениеот Jakub Gornicki » 27 Юни 2005 01:24

sorry i don't sing the post above :)
Jakub Gornicki

Мнениеот Делян » 28 Юни 2005 19:34

According to Павел Бонев (see the picture), the best place for planespotting is at the Air Museum next to the airport.
Аватар
Делян
супер спотър

Местоположение: KBDR, Igor I Sikorsky Memorial Airport, Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA

Мнениеот Toni » 28 Юни 2005 21:28

Delyan Kovachev написа:According to Павел Бонев (see the picture), the best place for planespotting is at the Air Museum next to the airport.

For a pity this location is now CLOSED because of threat of terroristic attacks.
Аватар
Toni
член на екипажа

Мнениеот Гост » 11 Сеп 2005 08:30

The Museum is not closed. You can go outside and take Photos from there. But you must stay inside the Museum and not go on the Apron even if there is a hole in the fence! Its also not allowed to climb on that hill in the museum.
Гост

Мнениеот Toni » 11 Сеп 2005 17:00

Anonymous написа: Its also not allowed to climb on that hill in the museum.

I ment the hill - the best place for spotting in Bulgaria.
Аватар
Toni
член на екипажа

Предишна

Назад към International